Mare nel Blu
Air conditioning | Infinity pool | Waterfront | Wifi
Prices from £5,265 per week
About the villa
Direct access to the sea | Wellness area | Great for two families
Set in south facing gardens of approximately half an acre just above the sea, Mare nel Blu is set in a residential area just west of the centre of the sea side resort of Marina di Modica. This large villa decorated in contemporary coastal style boasts extensive panoramic terraces at the front and rear of the property, by the pool and on the first floor to enjoy the sweeping sea views. The layout of the villa is suited to couples or two families travelling with a double and twin bedroom both on the ground and the lower ground floor and a master double bedroom with space for a cot in the adjacent sitting room on the top floor. All bedrooms are of a good size with excellent en suite facilities and the bedrooms and sitting area on the lower floor are very light. The gardens including a viewing platform set into the lawns near the sea for enjoying drinks at dusk.
From the garden gate, there is direct access stepping down across the rocks (protective footwear essential) to the rocky sea shore with some sand which runs along this coastline. For those who prefer a very wide sandy beach of golden sand, the wide sandy beach of Marina di Modica with bar and restaurants is within walking distance, just 400 metres from the villa. Marina di Modica is a residential resort that really only becomes busy in July and August. There is a food shop and a restaurant at the centre of the resort on the main beach and a large supermarket nearby. All further amenities can be found in the pictureseque town of Modica just inland. Of course, Mare nel Blu is also a perfect base for visiting the baroque towns of Scicli, Ragusa Ibla and Noto, and the other locations featured in the Inspector Montalbano series such as Sampieri, Punta Secca and Castle of Donnafugata.
- Cot and highchair
- Satellite TVs
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Air conditioning
Private Infinity Pool
- 12m x 5m
- Outdoor shower
- The pool is open from April to the end of November
- Infinity Pools: Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website
- Wine cellar
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Central Heating Included
RAISED GROUND FLOOR
- Open plan sitting room with dining area and kitchen opening to terrace
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite
- Small sitting room with kitchenette opening to terrace with sea views
- Master double bedroom with shower room en suite opening to terrace with sea views
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Sitting room with kitchenette opening to decked area
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite opening at front of property
- Twin bedroom with shower room en suite opening to lower terrace at front of property
- Wellness area with sauna, Jacuzzi and shower also opening to lower terrace
- Tennis 2km
- Golf 45km Donnafugata
- Shops and Restaurants 1.6km Marina di Modica
- All shops and restaurants 6km Modica
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Ragusa 36km
- Siracusa 71km
- Mount Etna 140km
- Taormina 178km
- A gate from the property opens to an unsurfaced track, and from there direct access to the rocky shoreline below the villa 30m
- Sandy beach of the resort with bar, restaurants etc. 400m
- Comiso 60km
- Catania 130km
- Palermo 350km
- Trapani 430 km
Service & Staffing
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 2 day(s) per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
Boat hire, guide for excursions, beauty treatments, all available on request at an additional cost. Please ask for more details.
Please note that a welcome pack is provided which differs from the standard CV Welcome Pack. Further information on this will be detailed in your joining instructions or is available on request.
Please note that the preferred suppliers for the villa must be used for any additional services. Unknown extra staff are not permitted at the villa.
An English speaking Ground handler will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival between 17:00 – 21:00. Departure by 10:00.
For arrivals between 21:00 – 24:00, a late arrival fee of Euro 50 will be charged, payable in cash locally.
Changeover day Saturdays from 25 June – 26 August. All other periods flexible.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Get in touch
Need help planning your stay? Get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail.