Palazzo Santa Croce
Italy, Campania & the Amalfi Coast, Amalfi Coast
Air conditioning | Cook service | Jacuzzi | Swimming pool | Wifi
Prices from TBC
About the villa
Magnificent sea views | Jacuzzi | Cook service included
Exotic, sumptuous, this house was originally built by prosperous merchants trading with the East and in more recent times has been a retreat for artists and writers such as Picasso and Steinbeck. Built high above Positano, surrounded by hanging gardens, the views from its terraces are quite spectacular and the villa is bathed in sunshine throughout the day.
Spacious and extravagantly furnished rooms open out of each other like a series of ornate jewel-boxes, filled with some impressive paintings and statuary and with elaborate curtains and comfortably cushioned seating. Most rooms open on to private balconies or terraces, one of which forms the elegant setting for outdoor dining. Recent renovations have contributed numerous modern refinements amongst which are a magnificent full-sized indoor pool with spa, sauna and Turkish bath. A cook presides over a superbly characterful kitchen where modern equipment contrasts with beautiful old tiles and stone arches.
The property extends over five levels, with a garden full of fruit trees on the highest level and a lovely gazebo in which to relax and contemplate those stunning views.
- Cot and highchair
- Satellite TV
- Centralised music system
- PC with ADSL line and WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Indoor Jacuzzi pool
- 8m x 3.5m
- Built-in steps
- Turkish bath
- Jacuzzi footbath
- Washing Machine
- Hairdryers For All Bedrooms
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Living and dining room opening onto large terrace with dining area and comfortable seating
- Kitchen with further dining area
- Two double bedroom suites with large sitting area, shower rooms and frescoed ceilings (can be made as twin bedroom)
- Single bedroom
- Separate shower room slightly further up the stairs
- Two double bedrooms, each with shower room en suite (can be made as twin room)
- Access to the garden and terrace
Lower Ground Floor
- Indoor Jacuzzi pool area
- Turkish bath
- Private chapel
- Sitting area
- Opens onto grassed area with sunloungers and Jacuzzi footbath
- Nearest shops, restaurants, tennis court, hydrofoil to Amalfi, Sorrento and Capri 10 minutes walk
Places of Interest
- Amalfi 17km
- Ravello 25km
- Pompeii 45km
- Santa Maria di Castellabate (Palazzo Belmonte) 110km
- Main beach 10 minutes walk
- Naples 60km
- Naples 57km
Service & Staffing
- Cook service
- Continental breakfast daily
- Maid service 7 day(s) per week
- Porterage included from 16.00 to 18.00 and 8.00 – 10.00 on arrival/departure day for 2 pieces of luggage per person.
- One complimentary cooking class
Available on request at additional cost
- Baby sitting
- Extra staff hours
- Laundry service
- Parking €35 per day
A float of Euro 2,000 for food and beverage expenses is payable on arrival. Please note that Palazzo Santa Croce is 190 steps from the road so is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Tourist tax of €1.50 per person per day will be collected in cash on arrival
Please note our properties in Positano do not have private parking. If you are renting a car, you will need to use a private car park for approximately €25-€30 per day.
A security deposit of €10000 will be held on a credit card on arrival for the high value of works of Art and furnishings in the villa.
A private air-conditioned taxi transfer from Naples airport to Positano can be arranged to meet your flights. Please ask your Travel Expert for further details. Please note that it is not possible to drive or to be dropped off adjacent to the apartment, there are steps down to the apartment. Porters are available to assist with luggage (€15 per piece between 0700 – 2200hrs, €20 per piece between 2200 hrs – 0700 hrs, payable locally in cash) if required.
An English speaking Ground handler in Italy will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 14:00 . Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Get in touch
Need help planning your stay? Get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail.